
As an educator, I find myself constantly searching for innovative assistive technology that will enhance and support my instruction in the classroom. One assistive technology tool that I have found to be effective in the classroom are videos. I found two great websites that allow you to use videos as a means to enhance teaching...google video and teachertube.com. Both of these websites allow anyone to browse their collection and choose videos that suit your needs. I happened to find several videos that will work perfectly in a classroom. On teachertube.com, I found a video that I would be able to use for Pre-k to 2nd grade. This video is upbeat and will engage students when it comes to counting coins. After I teach the concept this will be great reinforcement material! I also found a Math video on adding fractions which would work for those students who were struggling. It breaks down the process and goes through the steps slowly. These videos can be shown in the classroom after instruction or used as supplemental material that is posted on the classroom website where students have access to them at home. With a little bit of hard work, educators should be able to find excellent educational videos that will go hand in hand with material being taught. Videos add another dimension to teaching and educators will find that videos go over rather well with students. Take a look at the websites I have shared and see if you feel the same way.
Watch this video on assistive technology .....
No comments:
Post a Comment